Prestigious certificates to numerous athletes in cycling and athletics
Sports Festival in Rome, on the occasion of the delivery of the Prizes U. N. V. S. "Sabatino Sabatia-2011" reserved to sections of Culture, Journalism, Medical Science, Sport and Fair Play. The prestigious event, perfectly organized by the Sports Section of Veterans Anguillara Sabazia (Rm) under the careful direction of Chairman Maurizio Longega was held Thursday, February 9 at the Conference Hall for the Provincial CONI Office in Rome. To honor this important event a crowded and festive audience consists of samples of sports, journalism, sports medicine, managers, sports clubs and supporters of these sports. Guests of honor, the "Poet of Peace" Gaetano Camillo, a great sportsman, author of the book valuable educational "When Love becomes the Sport", and the president of AS Roma Cycling Baldesi Lorenzo, accompanied by executives Flaminia Blasetti and Walter Massi. Doing the honors of the house and bring the greetings of President Richard Cones Roma Viola, Secretary Mario Ferrara. Host and moderator of Mauritius Longega. And here is the long list of winners:
The highest award "Athlete of the Year - Sabatia Award 2011" was unanimously awarded to the young emerging cycling champion blue of Italy, Valerio Conti (Under/23 Year 1), a natural talent iwho in 2012 will race with the glorious Tuscan Team Mastromarco.
The award "Sports Journalism - Sabatia Award 2011" was awarded to Priscilla Baldesi, "red and yellow heart," all-round journalist, currently head of the Press, and Treasury Secretary AS Roma Cycling chaired by the dynamic brother Lorenzo.
The award "Literature, Poetry, Essay and Sport" went to:
- Augustine Gambacurta, author with the journalist Giorgio Di Giuseppe de "The Return of the Best ... Chronicles and autobiographical notes of Charles Gambacurta, Runner cyclist in the year 20/30" (parent of the author). The valuable and interesting book was written for the centenary of the birth of the unforgettable champion the Capital.
- George Giannini, Lecturer in Law, clear the author of literary works on the history of Italy, to commemorate the tragic events of war suffered by the population from Nazi occupation (2 ^ World War), and social institutions dedicated to supporting young disabled people .
The award "Person of the Year 2011" was awarded to Gabriel Diaferia, standard bearer and bearer of the federal Section Amateur Masters, always faithful supporter of AS Roma Cycling, a mainstay for the glorious club capitol of the family now represented by the dynamic Baldesi and young president Lorenzo Baldesi, Gabriel currently holds the important role of head of coordination activities of the company ciclofederali red and yellow.
The "Champion of the Year 2011" was won by Antonio Fradusco, sports personality esteemed and appreciated by all. In his long career as an amateur has won regional and national titles and obtained more than 70 victories, including an international cycling Giro d'Abruzzo, 2 ° place in the prestigious Cycling Tour of Valle d'Aosta, Italian Champion Behind Engines, blue jersey Championships world on track (Leicester - England). In the role of Sports Director has coached many young athletes who have raced at national and international level.
Award "Manager of the Year 2011":
- Aldo Perri. historical founder of the cycling section of the Pol University of Rome Tor Vergata 2 FCI affiliated to Rome, a great passion for two wheels "green", excellent cyclist, winner of over 50 road races, tricolor jersey and Italian champion road fci; Italian road champion University and Organizations.
- Mario Biagini (President Fidal Rome), for his consistent and meritorious work done in the service territory and promotion for the sport and athletics, "Queen of Sports".
- Sergio Agnoli, veteran athlete, champion of the World and Europe (running and walking), a Master in Italian athletics legend, World.
The prize "Race Judges and Timekeepers Federal" was assigned to the Race Judges and Timekeepers federal Anna Ermo, Ugo Maorana, Attilio Ricci for their excellent and professional work done at the service of sport and Italian Fidal.
Other major national awards were awarded in various sports, to samples, athletes, executives, companies and meritorious sports supporters. After a festive afternoon, the President Maurizio Longega, in thanks for such large numbers, declared closed the ceremony by giving appointment to the next edition. For the winners of cycling great satisfaction and participation of the Regional Committee of the FCI represented by Lazio President Angelo Caliciotti.
(In photo, clockwise from left: Chris Maurizio Conti and Longega Augustine Gambacurta, Priscilla and Antonio Baldesi Fradusco)
The above articles has been translated with Google translator .....